This past week has been a challenge for me with my diet. This is very frustrating since working out and your diet go hand and hand. Also if you are working out and your diet isn’t on point, you will not see the maximum results of your body.
I slacked this and didn’t go food shopping this weekend, well not so much slacked since it was a very busy weekend, nonetheless I never made it to the store. I shop on the weekend and on Sunday pre prep my meals for the week. My breakfast, lunch and dinner have definitely suffered because of this. Besides working out being my priority, I’m also trying to lower my body fat and an important way to do that is through a high-protein diet. So the protein is being increased and the carbs are being minimized (this includes good carbs being that carbs are carbs and they turn into sugar). The protein helps to fuel the muscles after a good workout. My trainer shared with me that it’s critical to eat one hour after working out as this helps with building and feeding your muscles.
To get back on track, before leaving for work this morning I put 2 cups of beans to soak. This included small red beans, chick peas, black beans and black eye peas. Bagged beans are very nutritious and extremely great on cost. With the beans I will add it to my frittata and also make a bean salad that will have EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), balsamic, pinch of salt, pepper and turmeric. Turmeric has many benefits such lowering your blood sugar, high in iron and an anti-inflammatory.
My typical breakfast is a frittata, which I bake in the oven instead of on the stovetop. They are delicious, easy to make and quick grab and go meal. You can basically empty your fridge into the recipe. My latest was made with:
To get back on track, before leaving for work this morning I put 2 cups of beans to soak. This included small red beans, chick peas, black beans and black eye peas. Bagged beans are very nutritious and extremely great on cost. With the beans I will add it to my frittata and also make a bean salad that will have EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), balsamic, pinch of salt, pepper and turmeric. Turmeric has many benefits such lowering your blood sugar, high in iron and an anti-inflammatory.
My typical breakfast is a frittata, which I bake in the oven instead of on the stovetop. They are delicious, easy to make and quick grab and go meal. You can basically empty your fridge into the recipe. My latest was made with:
- 1 dozen eggs
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes
- Escarole, chopped
- 4 type of beans (see above that are soaking)
Mix all the ingredients together; I usually use my macaroni pot. Coat my Corningware dish with EVOO and pour the mixture in. Bake at 350 for 45 – 60 minutes, checking the consistency to make sure the egg is cooked through.
This is delicious for any meal. I keep in the fridge for the week, cutting a piece each morning and putting in a ziplock to heat at work. I’m looking forward to hear what you add to your frittatas.
This is delicious for any meal. I keep in the fridge for the week, cutting a piece each morning and putting in a ziplock to heat at work. I’m looking forward to hear what you add to your frittatas.
Awesome! Love blogging myself and do it at least once a week. Should try for more. haha And always remember to have a post workout meal within the hour of training. As soon as you can get it once your done training. No later than an hour
ReplyDeleteThanks for confirming, within an hour of training you should eat.
ReplyDelete