Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Let the Games Begin

My friend Toni and I signed up for some personal training sessions locally this past Sunday was our first day in training! All week I was excited about the session until I woke up Sunday morning and saw our trainer's Instagram pictures (& hashtags! #ladder #50 #40 #30 etc). Not knowing what "ladder" was, got me a bit nervous. I tried nudging it off by making a delicious high-protein breakfast, 1 egg, 4-bean mix, basil & cilantro omelette.

Well 9:45 a.m. came around and Toni was outside picking me up to head over for our 10 a.m. session. First thing's first, the workout was awesome and no puking took place = successful. We warmed up on the foam roller, which is great for getting out any kinks or knots that you may have. It's not the easiest piece of equipment when first using it, but if your back, hip or legs are tight the foam roller works wonders. After our warm up and a quick run we got into the circuit training. Exercises that I hate were on the list (esp squats & lounges) but those are the ones I need to do the most of. We got through 4 rounds of the circuit plus another quick jog and ended with burpees. I am the person who will ice grill you the whole time while working out but feel great and love it afterwards. Oh and did I mention STARVING!

The training session really energized me and got me going Easter morning. I'm glad that we have Don as our trainer to help us reach our goals. Can't wait until our next session on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. awesome blog Gagi! Keep at it! You will be unstoppable. Don

    ReplyDelete