Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 4 and did you say abs?

So how is everyone doing with the Challenge? Have you been able to complete all 3 challenges each day? From the 3 that we've been assigned with, I've been doing the best with the Move 30. Exercising is finally part of my daily routine, whether it's in the gym, riding my bike or exercising at home, I'm getting it in! Hope you are too. I actually changed my workout time to the mornings instead of lunchtime. It's working out better for me and has been less stressful. If I have time at lunch, I will put in two workouts but that hasn't been happening lately with my 9-5 workload. A friend of mine has been able to stay consistent with working out at night. So whatever is most convenient for you, keep at it and make it work! Eventually it will become your habit.

Last week we added Take 10, where we took 10 minutes for ourselves. This week it is more about time for you. We will be focusing on Get 7, which is getting 7 hours of sleep a night. Sleep is just important as eating right and working out. Your body needs time to recharge and sleep also reduces stress.

Quick reminder for the week:
  • Eat 5 (eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies)
  • Move 30 (be active for 30 minutes)
  • Take 10 (take 10 minutes for yourself)
  • Get 7 (sleept 7 hours a night)
Next week will be the last week of the challenge. The most challenging part is staying consistent with it and allowing it to become a part of your life. That is what lifestyle change is about.

AB EXERCISE:
Since you can never get too much ab workouts in, I wanted to share with you one of my favorites. One reason this is a fav is because it realigns my back when twisting. After the 2nd twist to one side, I'm feeling better.

Needed: Mat or towel, weights or something heavy (fill a bag of cans up) .. we definately improvise when needed
  1. Lay flat on your mat
  2. Curl your upper body to an almost seated position and raise your legs about 6 inches off of the ground
  3. Grab the weight and twist only at your core from side to side
  4. Do 3 sets of 15
RESULT: Strong core and awesome obliques (eating clean also plays a HUGE role... I'll touch on that at another time)

No comments:

Post a Comment